Saturday, February 27, 2010

361 days to 40

I fly...a lot.  Some months, I fly every week.  Other months, about every other week.  My home airport is the Orlando International Airport, so obviously I go thru there often.  But, somehow I have missed a giant statue of a iguana dressed as a painter - Van Gogh, I think.  I estimate that I have walked by this iguana hundreds of time but I have somehow never noticed him before... and he is hard to miss.  The thing stands over 6 feet tall and is made of gold and very colorful mosaic tiles.  Just goes to show how on autopilot we can be as we go about our daily life.

This "project" of taking pictures everyday - which I have been doing but I haven't posted for 2 days (not a good start) - has really open my eyes to the wonders of every thing we come across daily.  I could have walked by the Van Gogh Iguana for another 5 years as I went thru my autopilot life...but, for now a least, I have my eyes open.


And I got my first grey hair, actually a hair in my eyebrows.  How's that for turning 39.

No comments: